Words are powerful and words paired with an image are more powerful. They have the power to shift perspectives and ignite change. Here we are trying to connect travel and adventure minded peoples. So we share some travel inspirations and adventure quotes that can motivate you to live life to the fullest and makes people want to go out and explore. Through travel quotes, we have been inspired to take chances, we’ve been inspired to travel, to take action, and to strive to live a better life.
Browse these valuable quotes when you need motivation to make travel a priority in your life. Feel free to pin, save, tweet, and post on your own social media. Let’s spread the word of love for travel, and adventure. Get motivated to explore the world with these memorable quotes from famous travelers & explorers.
I hope these awesome quotes inspire you to pack up everything and head out into the unknown, to explore the farthest reaches of our planet and your soul, to see the world for what it really is.
BEST 100 TRAVEL QUOTES THAT CAN INSPIRE YOU TO EXPLORE THE WORLD
1. To Travel is to Live” – Hans Christian Andersen
2. wander without purpose or meaning.
3. Travel is never a matter of money but of courage.
4. Travel only with thy equals or thy betters; if there are none, travel alone.
5. Love is food of life, and travel is dessert.
6. Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. – Mark Twain
7. Travel brings power and joy back into your life. – Rumi
8. I would like to travel the world with you twice. Once, to see the world. Twice, to see the way you see the world.
9. If we were meant to stay in one place we would have roots instead of feet.
10. Wanderlust: n. a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world.
11. Climb mountains not so the world can see you, but so you can see the world.
12. Remember that happiness is a way of travel – not a destination. -Roy M. Goodman
13. It is not down in any map; true places never are. – Herman Melville
14. Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times
15. Jobs fill your pocket, but adventures fill your soul. – Jamie Lyn Beatty
16. Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry and narrow-mindedness.
17. Don’t limit your challenges, challenge your limits.
18. Traveling is a brutality. It forces you to trust strangers and to lose sight of all that familiar comforts of home and friends. You are constantly off balance. Nothing is yours except the essential things. Air, sleep, dream, the sea, the sky-all things tending towards the eternal or what we imagine of it. – cesare pavese
19. It feels good to be lost in the right direction.
20. Sometimes it’s the journey that teaches you a lot about your destination.
21. Fill your life with experiences, not things. Have stories to tell, not stuff to show.
22. The gladdest moment in human life, me thinks, is a departure into unknown lands. – Sir Richard Burton
23. Be fearless in the pursuit of what sets your soul on fire. – Jennifer Lee
24. For the sake of your soul, venture out…
25. Blessed are the curious for they shall have adventures. – Lovelle Drachman
26. The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.- Saint Agustine
27. Kilometers are shorter than miles. Save gas and take your next trip in kilometers.
28. At the end of the day…I’d rather like to have a lot of stories to tell, than a full bank account.
29. People don’t take trips, trips take people. – John Steinbeck
30. I’m in love with cities I’ve never been to and people I’ve never met. – John Green
31. If you think adventure is dangerous try routine, it’s lethal. – Paulo Coelho
32. All you need to know is that it’s possible. -Wolf, an Appalachian Trail Hiker
33. The most beautiful in the world is, of course, the world itself. -Wallace Stevens
34. The journey not the arrival matters. –T.S. Eliot
35. I haven’t been everywhere, but it’s on my list. – Susan Sontag
36. Happiness is ..waking up on the first morning of a foreign trip and forgetting where you are.
37. Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.
38. Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.
39. If you reject the food, ignore the customs, fear the religion and avoid the people, you might better stay home. -James Michener
40. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. – Gustav Flaubert
41. Travel as much as you can. As far as you can as long as can. Life is not meant to be lived in one place.
42. If you never go, you will never know.
43. Travel makes a wise man better but a fool worse. – Thomas Fuller
44. I dislike feeling at home when I am abroad.- George Bernard Shaw
45. Take only memories, leave only footprints. – Chief Seattle
46. Don’t tell me how educated you are, tell me how much you have travelled. –Mohammed
47. Like all great travellers, I have seen more than I remember, and remember more than I have seen. – Benjamin Disraeli
48. The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes, but in having new eyes. – Marcel Proust
49. All journeys have secret destinations of which the traveller is unaware.- Martin Buber
50. Dare to live the life you’ve always wanted.
51. Travel far enough, you meet yourself. – David Mitchell
52. Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less travelled by. – Robert Frost
53. Tourists don’t know where they’ve been, travellers don’t know where they’re going. – Paul Theroux
54. A good traveller has no fixed plans and is not intent on arriving.- Lao Tzu
55. Traveling – it leaves you speechless, then turns you into a storyteller. – Ibn Battuta
56. To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all – Oscar wild
57. Life is short and the world is wide.
58. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls.-Anaïs Nin
59. Get lost in adventure…
60. Travel is the only thing you buy that makes you richer.
61. Sometimes you just need an adventure to cleanse the bitter taste of life from your soul.
62. Better to see something once than hear about it a thousand times.
63. Adventure may hurt you but monotony will kill you.
64. Travel makes one modest. You see what a tiny place you occupy in the world. -Gustav Flaubert
65. Adventure is worthwhile. – Aesop
66. Traveling is not something you’re good at. It’s something you do. Like breathing.
67. For the sake of your soul, venture out…
68. Why do you go away? So that you can come back. So that you can see the place you came from with new eyes and extra colors. And the people there see you differently, too. Coming back to where you started is not the same as never leaving.
69. Do not follow where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
70. Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret. – Oscar Wilde
71. I don’t need you to write me a love letter, just book me that ticket for me.
72. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing at all. – Helen Keller
73. Not all those who wander are lost. – J.R.R. Tolkien
74. Don’t be a tourist, be a traveler.
75. Live your life by a compass not a clock. – Stephen Covey
76. Traveling solo means getting to know the real you.
77. Go, fly, roam, travel, voyage, explore, journey, discover, adventure.
78. Collect Moment, Not Things.
79. We travel not to escape life, but for life not to escape us.
80. We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them with our eyes open. – Jawaharial Nehru
81. And at the end of the day, your feet should be dirty, your hair messy and your eyes sparkling. – Shanti
82. Live your life by a compass not a clock. – Stephen Covey
83. Not all those who wander are lost. – J.R.R. Tolkien
84. Live life with no excuses, travel with no regret” – Oscar Wilde
85. To travel is to discover that everyone is wrong about other countries. – Aldous Huxley
86. Man cannot discover new oceans unless he has the courage to lose sight of the shore. – Andre Gide
87. Once a year, go someplace you’ve never been before. – Dalai Lama
88. A journey is best measured in friends rather than miles. – Tim Cahill
89. To awaken quite alone in a strange town is one of the pleasantest sensations in the world. – Freya Stark
90. Travel expands the mind and fills the gap. – Sheda Savage
91. To those who can dream, there’s no such place as far away.
92. It’s not what you look at that matters. It’s what you see. – Henry David Thoreau
93. Two roads diverged in a wood and I – I took the one less traveled by, and that has made all the difference. – Robert Frost
94. We wander for distraction but we travel for fulfillment. – Hilaire Belloc
95. Earth and sky, woods and fields, lakes and river, the mountain and the sea, are excellent schoolmasters, and teach some of us more than we can ever learn from books.- john lubbock
96. Every mountain top is within reach if you just keep climbing. – barry finlay
97. We travel, some of us forever, to seek other states, other lives, other souls. – Anais Nin
98. A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving. – Lao Tzu
99. There are no foreign lands. It is the traveler only who is foreign” – Robert Louis Stevenson
100. Life is short and the world is wide.
101. Because in the end, you won’t remember the time you spent working in the office or mowing your lawn. Climb that goddamn mountain. – jack Kerouac
102. A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step – Lao Tzu
103. Travel doesn’t become adventure until you leave yourself behind – Marty Rubin
104. I travel because it makes me realize how much I haven’t seen, how much I’m not going to see, and how much I still need to see. – Carew Papritz
105. Don’t listen to what they say. Go see.